busy busy busy...

All the Latest News, Feedback, Updates & Comments from jsm will be found somewhere here...
ukjsm
Site Admin

busy busy busy...

Post by ukjsm »

phew!!!

what a week or two,,, and what a month tbh...

im chucking something up for now cause i can see the viewership has risen and i dont want you all to think ive dissappeared lol. but i do want to get into the habbit of a more regular update eventually, i really do... :oops:

i really havent done much music or video work this past month so please bear with me as im still adjusting to my new life with my emma back and well again and on her own 2 feet after her endometriosis...

also she has been volunteering for a while at a charity shop and shes doin real good so amen to that...

i was volunteering in another charity shop to get me back out into the wonderful world, and have since been offered a job so thats another amen to that...

thank f**k for god eh!!! - and hasnt it been a while since i said that little phrase eh! - and if you havent heard me say that a lot before then thank god for that lol... :lol:

samurai spirit...

f**n WOW!!! - WoW f**n WoW,,, nuff said - im so bloody proud of myself - what a feeling that is, and i hope you all feel like that once in a while...

i still have a little more audio to generate with elevenlabs free account using gemenis ability to scrape the WWW... and on doing all this i realise the samurai spirit co-incidentally reflects most of my spiritual beliefs i have had for a looong time now... same as the sikh temple incident... syncronicities everywhere...

been in the studio once, made some more freestyle jams,,, then realised another idea to putting the best of the freestyle jams on youtube, but with no video so you get to hear them out there and quicker and sooner too, actually a day or two after i make em hopefully... this is another definate coming soon... and the first free-style jam to be posted under this context with a splash banner will probably be called ''push push''

i thought the quake ep would be the first total un-edited playback of an original MIDI song i made over 20 years ago, but no!!! that accolade now goes to tribal frenzy, the one to be used in samurai spirit, and i will post more one that sooner or later... i did have it playback in the midi studio perfectly once i turned off the half speed playback in cakewalk pro 8 lol,,, but ironically THAT was a blessing because i now have derivatives of the original i can cut copy n past from for more ideas...

TWO big ideas being developed into the samurai spirit that i tried in the early mix days that worked like a charm, and all stemmed from looking after john and emma, while little sparks of ideas were manifesting in my pretty little head, from time to time, little concepts to be tried in the studio if i ever got it back up and running, which obviously now i have,,, and those ideas are,,,

1 re-structuring the song, to suite its intended purpose for todays ideas - so taking out the digeredoo's australian feel, and adding in mandalin and flute and violin to get a more authentic japanese feel to the scenario being presented...

2 and most important of all although you might not realise this yet - construct the audio and tailor the samplers to lend themselves completely to live performance, and giving the presenter the maximum flexability possible to get a live feel and swing to the song being listened to...

(soz, but i really dont know how to say this, i want to jam the song to a certain extent, not just hit play in midi n walk away for 6minutes. and i want enough content in the sampler to allow for this. and i am currently re-writing some program files for the akai s6000 to accomodate this, and i havent made another program file in over 30years probably tbh i really dont know. more in a mike side chat i hope later)

samurai spirit may even end up being a story board from start to finish with the actual song only being in the last 10 minutes or so, and the beginning being an intro to the japanese samurai bushido culture so to speak... i just dont know yet!!! but i do know its heading in exactly the right direction, so the rush to production has been tamed in me so as to get the best final results as possible...

and thats it...

jus a small bitta ramblings from a middle aged man loving life again and wishing you all well and good...

im just like all of you. i have ideas, and interests i want to achive and do, but i have to live life too, and sometimes that can be quite hard and painful...

finally... my dad passed away and i know he is now in a better place, and i just want to say out loud and in public he was a bloody good and allright kinda dad when he was able to be, and i wish him all the very best on the other side... you see i already know there an other side, so i really dont have the fear and grief that most people carry... he was my dad, and always will be, and not even death can take that away from him... may god guide him, may god bless him, and may god keep him safe and well... ilu dad, all the best, your son jsm. AMEN!!!
May God Guide You, May God Bless You, May God Protect You...
love light learn live, but dont forget to live...
jsm...